Prof Geoff Whittle is organising a walk to Mt Holdsworth
in the Tararuas, the mountain range to the north of Wellington. This is quite a demanding walk with an altitude gain of over 1000 metres. The track is quite good at the start, but gets distinctly rough towards the top. The start of the track is a 90 minute drive from Wellington and the walk will take up to 9 hours, so it will be a long day, taking possibly 12 hours. You should really only consider it if you are quite fit and ready for a long day. Strong wind, mist and rain are all real possibilities, so walkers should be prepared for these eventualities. There are 7
seats available in the van for this walk. First in first serve.
Held on Sunday 18 December
• Cost - $25 per head. Payment will be required in cash and at the registration desk at the conference.
• Transport is provided - Please meet outside the Cotton Building, Gate 6 - at 7.30am sharp
• Lunch provided, but it is a good idea to bring extra high energy snacks.
• New Zealand has changeable weather and for this walk you will need sturdy footwear, warm clothing, water and extra food
• Return back to Cotton Building, perhaps as late as 8pm.
If you are interested in this walk please email Renee Mattock. email@example.com